today is world card making day and for this Chibitronics and Honey Bee Stamps are making a collaboration blog hop. Along with this blog hop there will be amazing designers showing there creations and for sure a give away.
First of all I have to admit, that I wanted to create a video for you. But it shouldn't be so. The first time there was something in front of my camera and you would have missed the half video if I had cut it down. So I tried another card and I filmed everything in one pass. But the file was to big and I wasn't able to get it on my mac. I´m really sorry, but I will try to explain.
- I always like to start coloring all the images I need: I stamped with Memento Tuxedo black ink on Neenah Solar white 80lbs and colored all the images using my Copic Markers.
- After coloring I fuzzy cut the images and traced around the edges with a black pen to have a nice finish.
- I layer everything on my card panel so I new where to stamp the bee images (I wanted to have the little bee sensors) and where my switch for the circuit would be. I die cut a circle where I wanted the battery, like always I like to hide the thickness of these cards.
- Below you can find how I created this circuit. It is a simples parallel circuit with a switch. the most difficult part is designing and assembling the card. But this time it was pretty easy. In each place where is a LED there is a bee on top.
- Mask of the half card panel and ink blend it using distress inks (antique linen for the wooden part; tumbled glass for the sky part).
- Die cut the card panel. I used a My Favorite Things background die.
- Stamp the sentiment using Versafine onyx black and my Misti tool. I didn´t want to mess it up.
- I used two layers of foamtape. But not behind the whole card. One layer behind the card panel. And one layer behind the honey pot. This is how I normally hide the thickness of the battery.
- Assemble the card and scatter some sequins on the whole card panel. Now the card is done :)
- A little TIPP: I used the little "press here" from Heffy Doodle so the recipient knows where to press and can see that it lightens up.
A video on how this card lights uo will be posted on my Instagram account.
This is all for today and I´m really sorry that it appears like I wasn't prepared =/ I was really frustrated when I saw that I wasn't able to make the video for you. I liked this card so much and it was easy to create, so it would have been easy for you to recreate. But I hope my instructions could help you. I wish you all a happy World Cardmaking Day and a happy weekend. Please don't forget to go to the next stops. Honeybee is giving a $25 gift certificate drawn randomly from comments left across all blogs and Chibitronics is giving away a starter kit. Comments will close at 11:59 ET on Sunday, October 8th and the winners will be announced next week.
Vanessa Amann http://vanilljas.blogspot.com/
Vera Wirianta Yates https://lingshappyplace.blogspot.com/…/honey-bee-stamps-chi…
Chibitronics Blog https://chibitronics.com/blog/hbhop
Kelly Griglione https://notablenest.blogspot.com/…/chibitronics-and-honeybe…
Melissa Bickford https://melissabickford.blogspot.com/…/honey-bee-stamps-chi…
Taniesa Vlasak https://thecraftypickle.com/…/a-bright-idea-using-honey-be…/
|Chibitronics||Starter Kit||My Favorite Things||Blueprints 25|
|Chibitronics||LED white||My Sweet Petunia||MISTI Tool|
|Chibitronics||Cuppertape||Neenah Solar||White Paper Ultra Heavy|
|Copic Marker||Copic Marker||Ranger||Multi Matte Medium|
|Create a Smile||Acrylblöcke||Scotch 3M||Tape Glider|
|Foam Tape||3M||Stampin Up||Schere|
|Folia||Bonefolder||Tim Holtz||Tumbled Glass Ink|
|Folia||Acrylblöcke||Tim Holtz||Ink Blending Tool|
|Folia||Bastelskalpell||Tim Holtz||Antique Linen|
|Lifestyle Crafters||Quick Stick Tool||Tombow||Mono Multi|
|Memento||Tuxedo Black||Versafine||Onyx Black|
|Honey Bee Stamps||Sweet as Honey|